Most of us grew up with the trusty can of WD40 in the garage, ready to be used for almost any task that proved too tricky for brute force alone. As a brand it is iconic in its own way; a recognisable brightly coloured can of help for all those moments when you need some magic to make a DIY or professional job easier. Known as the “the can with thousands of uses”, it is a must for any household or toolkit.
Most of us know that a quick squirt of WD40 on a squeaky hinge or stiff joint will make a difference but do you know everything this unique formula can be used for? Here are some of the other ways you can put a can of WD40 to work, whether you use it at home, have a handy can in your work van for plumbing work or even use it for electrical work. Did you know just how helpful it can be in the garden or for car maintenance?
- WD40 drives moisture away from surfaces, helping to eliminate short circuits in electrics; it is perfect for drying up excess moisture under the car bonnet and a quick spray will even stop locks from freezing in winter.
- Apply to sprinkler heads to prevent the build up of calcium which blocks jets.
- Spray on bikes and cars to avoid salt corrosion that can lead to rust.
- Keep tools rust free by a regular coating with WD40.
- It’s a lubricant and will help loosen tight or rusted nuts and bolts.
- Use it to free up tight or stuck radiator valves.
- Penetrates deep into rusted joints and frees them.
- Helps break down sticky tar and grease for easier cleaning.
- It will lubricate and unkink chains.
- Make the bird feed poll too slippery for a squirrel to climb with a quick WD40 wipe over.
- Apply to shovels and boots so mud doesn’t stick so easily.
- Spray into the bound areas of wicker chairs to stop them squeaking.
There are hundreds more uses for the various types of this fantastically handy product on the WD40 website too, which only goes to prove that this is one thing no home or workplace should be without!
The multi-purpose straw spray WD40 is on sales in our Woodston showroom now, prices at £3.99+VAT for a 400ml can. With a convenient straw applicator, you can use it as a wide angle spray or direct it into tight areas that need precision application.